The ribs were marinated for 2 days and was in the oven for around 3 hours. It was so tender and falling-off-the bone. I paired it with grilled corn and baked potato.
Hickory Baby Back Ribs with Grilled Corn and Baked Potato
Another dish I made was the Tuna Pasta. This was gone in 60 seconds.... ok ok I was exaggerating but the plate was swept clean =)
@ KC... as requested, here's the recipe for the Baby back ribs, I got it from Emeril Lagasse
I was not able to find Bourbon at Rustan's so I substituted it with Hickory.
Do follow every instruction to get the falling-of-the-bone result. Enjoy
Spicy Root Beer and Bourbon Glazed Baby Back Ribs
- 2 (12-ounce) cans root beer
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper jelly
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons steak sauce (recommended: Emeril's Steak Sauce)
- 1 teaspoon Caribbean Pick-A-Peppa sauce
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 2 teaspoons bitters (recommended: Angostura)
- 1 cup bourbon
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 to 5 pounds baby back ribs (2 full slabs, each cut in 1/2)
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons granulated onion powder
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
To make the glaze, place all of the ingredients for the glaze in a 6-quart pot or larger, and cook over medium-high heat. Bring the contents of the pot to a boil, stirring often to dissolve the sugar. Once the mixture has come to a boil, reduce the heat to medium and allow the mixture to reduce to a glaze consistency, about 25 to 30 minutes longer. Remove the glaze from the stove and strain though a fine mesh strainer. Reserve and keep warm, until ready to use.
Preheat the oven to 275 degrees F.
Place the ribs on a sheet pan or baking sheet. In a small mixing bowl, combine the kosher salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Stir well to incorporate, and use 1 tablespoon of the spice rub to cover each of the ribs. Rub the mixture into the meat and allow it to sit undisturbed for at least 20 minutes.
Pour the chicken stock into the sheet pan, and cover the pan with aluminum foil, making a tight seal. Place the sheet pan in the oven and bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours, or until the ribs are very tender.
Remove the ribs from the oven, discard the foil and the fat and oil from the sheet pan, and allow the ribs to cool for 15 to 20 minutes. Adjust the oven to the broil setting and position the oven rack to the lowest rung. Brush the ribs with a generous coating of the glaze, about 3 tablespoons of the glaze per set of ribs. Place the sheet pan back in the oven, and broil until the ribs are browned and caramelized, about 5 minutes. Remove the ribs from the oven and lay on a cutting board meaty side down. Use a sharp knife to cut the ribs apart. Serve the ribs with some of the leftover glaze on the side, if desired.
The Tuna Pasta is my own recipe hehhehe kaya good luck ... tancha tancha lang KC... kasi when I cook walang measure measure hehehe. You can add more this or that if you want. For example, you can use 2 cans of tuna if you want ok lang... you can never go wrong with cooking. =) Enjoy!
Spaghetti, cook as directed in the package
1 whole white onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
half red bell pepper and half green bell pepper, brunoise (size is 1mm x 1mm)
button mushrooms, sliced
white wine (1/2 cup)
olive oil/ vegetable oil
1 can tuna, I used PERMEX TUNA in vegetable oil
salt and pepper
parsley for garnish
1. Heat pan, add oil and butter. Saute onions until translucent, add bell peppers and garlic.
2. Add Mushrooms, cook mushrooms until brown on the sides ( this gives a better flavor ).
3. Deglaze with white wine. Simmer until white wine is evaporated.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Toss in cooked spaghetti noodles.
6. Taste you pasta... you can add more salt or pepper IF needed.
7. Plate your pasta then drizzle with olive oil.
8. Garnish with freshly chopped herbs, parsley or if you have available dill or basil pwede din