Wednesday, August 1, 2012
Made Brocolli and Cheese Soup for the family last night =)
1 cup Brocolli
1 white onions
1/4 cup butter (for sauteeing)
1/3 cup flour
2 L - 3 L chicken stock
1/2 cup cheddar cheese ( the more the merrier)
1/2 cup cream
1/4 cup butter (monter)
1. Saute onions in butter.
2. Add flour to make roux
3. Add cold stock, a little at a time until roux is dissolved.
4. Let it boil, when boiling add brocolli. When brocolli is cooked, remove brocolli and simmer for another 15 mins.
5. add cheese and bring back the brocolli. Remove from heat. Blend.
6. Bring back to heat, add cream but do not boil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
7. Add monter of butter and stir well. Enjoy. =)