Sunday, August 15, 2010

JASMINE

I've never craved for any Chinese food ever in my life. I grew up having western food on my plate, my dad loves to cook food of different cuisines... Mexican, Italian, American, Spanish, Indian... rarely Chinese. My mom cooks Chinese food but I wasn't as interested at it as the foreign dishes. When I hear Chinese food sweet and sour pork or misua or sibut comes into my mind. It was boring for me..... Don't get me wrong, I love my mom's cooking too especially her Misua, she cooks it for us on our birthdays for long life =)

I learned eating real Chinese food when I met my husband. He is so Chinese........I lost weight when we got married 'cause I had to eat chinese food with him every day (it wasn't really my type) That was suffering for me coz I was missing my pasta and the variety of food that I was used to. But now, things have changed. I kinda get excited when I know that it's a Sunday and we're eating out with his family because I know that we're having Chinese Lunch.


Today, we had lunch at Jasmine, New World Hotel in Makati.








steamed and flavored peanuts for appetizer


Fish Lip Soup - wasn't what I expected, I like Shang Palace's version better

Hakaw - this was my favorite, Hakaw has never tasted this good.

Barbeque Pork Buns was delicious


Crispy Pork Belly with mustard sauce


Siomai


Asado Siopao


Seafood Rice


Boneless Chicken in Orange Sauce

Star of the day..... Boston Lobster, this was cooked in Ginger sauce. I like the Cheese sauce better but it was also good.


Spring Vegetables was very refreshing











No comments:

Post a Comment